Tzu Chi Lunch Assembly Line



My mom Linda is part of the cooking olunteer staff at Tzu Chi Milpitas branch. She helps to organize and cook for events. Twice a month she is in rotation to feed 100-200 staff lunches. At our house we will often be awaken by dedicated volunteers who show up 7 or 8am to wash, cut, and cook food. Today we had about 15 volunteers at out house working away. I stay out of their working process. I pour tea and coffee for people. I get to work afterwards when everyone else has left in a hurry to meet the lunch delivery event deadline. I get to work in washing up, cleaning, recycling, etc... and try to return the house to looking better than before. It takes about 2 to three hours to clean up. But that isn't much compared to the work my mom puts in to getting the house ready the day before so everyone else can just step right in and get to work. It takes her about half a day to clean, prep, and set things up. It takes about half a day for her to shop for supplies. In her late sixties, she sure puts out a lot of heart and hard work to be of service.

I believe the path of the heart, the path of happiness is the path of service in helping others succeed in goodness.