Benefitting Indiscriminately


Snowboarding Day 27 Season 2011

I woke up thirsty with my tongue inflamed.  I did not want to get out of bed.  I realized, I am at peace.  I woke up peaceful.  I didn’t wake up fearing what other people’s mood is in or how I’ll get harassed. 

I made blood orange honey juice for breakfast to cool down the inflammation.  I noticed I felt sick, sick in my 5th chakra, sick in my immune system.  It’s a definite toxic attack.

The day started heavy, while reciting, the strange raging anger flared up.  

Morning contemplation
What is the root that fed the growth and creation of the leaves of these anger and rage?  I must dig into this in my meditation.  I can do it. 

If what is on the outside isn’t true and nothing is left for me to do.  Then I should pull back, don’t get lost and follow.  I should look inside and see the movements of the mind, protect and clean up the mind within. 

I finally headed out and was at the Aerial Tram at 10am.  I handed two $50 vouchers to a group of guys so they saved $84.  I then step up to the wait line and turned around to look at the ticket office and there was a flash flood of people getting tickets.  I saw a young 10 year old boy looking at me with his father buying tickets.  I saw him looking at me wondering what happened to the coupon deal.  Yes I had wanted to give to the father of this child but I didn’t see them then.  So I went ahead and gave away my four buddy passes of benefitting indiscriminately.  My only criteria was that they be there at the window when I am there. 

Sky lift was opened, I found yesterday’s powder to be today’s snow.  Still I searched for the powder deep in the woods.  It was cold today and I could have used a thick mask for single digit temperature.  Then it snowed some more when the thick grey clouds moved in and it was a total white out as snow dumped out of the sky.  It was cold.  Within an hour an inch to two covered the slopes.  And just like that the entire mountain was a different place a different experience.   There was powder everywhere.  The mountain looked like it was covered in white chocolate fondant.  I started to hoot and hauler and sing, “ love, love, love this…”  All the way down the mountain through the trees.  I had fun zig zaging through the woods.  Most of all I loved looking at trees, talking to them and watching the powder fall.  I had to keep the powder from getting into my loose pants, neck, into my goggles.  I didn’t want the day to end.  At 3:30pm it was so whiteout I seriously found it dangerous to be on the mountain.  I could not see at all.  Good thing I was already on my way to the tram.