Piano Salon Benefit For Japan Relief

Today was the benefit concert to raise funds for Tsunami relief. This benefit brought in $10,500 to aid in relief efforts.

I brought strawberries for the after benefit mingle. Toure, Michelle, John and I piped in Nutella and dusted with powdered sugar. They were really yummy. I helped to plate other foods that came in for reception.

When the benefit began I was able to score a seat up in the balcony next to Griffin’s family. I sat against the bar to have an aerial look over the keyboard and the fingers, that’s where all the action is. I was glad “May She Safely Graze” was played and “Itsuno Nanade Demo” . This was the first time I was able to be a guest and sit through an entire program as others put together the reception, what a nice change.

During the reception, it was lovely to chat and greet friends Charles, PK etc….

I saw Tone, and we chatted about the past. He said he used to come here just to lift weights and nothing else. That he really cherished those times. Now that he is done with school, he comes to the lectures, I am so glad to see him.

Clean up was fun but super exhausting, very labor intensive. I was tired and so was everyone else.