"Standing In Her Light"

Snowboarding Day 26 Season 2011
I stayed up last night until 12:35am watching NBA game, Lakers finally won. It’s not even hard but somehow they were sluggish the first game and lost to the weakest team.

My back heart chakra was in pain, swollen and my tongue where the heart is had a sore. I prayed for a help in healing. As for my complexion I looked the best today. It was 10am when I decided I needed to drink blood orange juice with honey as medicine. I ate a few pieces of chips for breakfast.

I have not felt this good, this clear, this stable, this aligned with body, heart, emotion,and spirit.  I had hoped to get into it this summer with the travels but here I am, I am already here.  Check!  Done!Off of my to do list.

Morning Contemplation
All I had to do was stand by what I see as truth and breath through the lies that I had accepted as truth as is, all out of trauma, shock, and fear. I didn’t stand my ground. I didn’t stand by me. I didn’t honor me.

Both Sky and Canyon lifts were on hold due to high wind, 65mph. I finally left for the slopes at 12:35pm. The blue sky was out and I felt a great peace and fullness within. I felt in sync and healthy. Something I had hoped to achieve this summer with my summer break. I didn’t know it can happen now.  Check!  Done!  Off of my to do list.

When I made it to Canyon lift, the Sky lift was moving on a test run but it wasn’t ready. So I enjoyed the powder off Canyon Slopes and there was powder everywhere. I was so happy, joyful, having so much fun. I felt high on powder. I felt my cells tickled silly in delight. I was smiling the whole time going “Woot Hoo!” down the slopes.

I went into the woods and enjoyed riding in between the trees and underneath branches. It was an amazing day. I felt so grateful for the powder Gods making this possible. I felt so blessed to experience this. I didn’t want the day to end. I can’t believe this gift was happening. I am so glad I stayed this week, I am so glad I am here.

Today a man smelled of weed pulled up on the lift line and I decided to let him ride and wait for the next row of seats. I didn’t want to inhale his weed on the very long Sky lift. I am glad I did so. I am glad I did not choose to be miserable by going in proper order of the lift line.  Having to sit next to him meant getting toxically sick and having to detox the rest of the day from it. What a lost of time in my life it would have been.  I am glad I did not subject myself to such misery. I am glad I protected myself and took care of myself.

I caught Oprah Best Friends show where Gayle said, “I have never felt like I stood in Oprah’s shadow, I have always felt I stood in her light. I think it is because I am a happy person leading a happy life.”