Wind On My Back


Snowboarding Day 25 Season 2011
Fell asleep again with lights fully on last night. I woke up at 5:45am and finally rolled out of bed at 6:45am. I didn’t know I set the fridge at freezing, all my strawberries froze and so did my oranges.

My face this morning finally looked rested and healthy. It has taken three full days to detox from my life. My vacation officially starts today.

Morning Contemplation
Life is like school class curriculum. What you don’t do, don’t learn, the class curriculum continues to move forward. You either master it or fall behind on your own life curriculum.

I learned the Aerial Tram Starts the day at 1:30am and shuts down at 5pm lifting cargo etc..

I made it out the door at 10:35am and so that was how it was. The wind was strong, I took the tram. The World Cup lift and Gun Barrel slopes were all closed due to slush. Sky was closed on wind hold. I spent my time on Canyon lift, the slope was icy and slushy. The wood was icy too, so glad I was in it when it was powder earlier this week.

When I got onto Patsy slope, I found myself say, “I love snowboarding!” I found my joy after 3 days of adjustment or detox from my life. I found my rhythm on the board. I sat on the ice to view the beautiful trees and the lake, I love just watching the clouds move and people watch too.

I sat on Snow Beach for a good 45 minute doing people watch and sun bathed. My right knee was hurting and I didn’t want to leave the mountain yet.

I felt wind on my back and wondered if I had ripped my pants. I then noticed the elastic bands broke. It created 3 inches of pocket for cold wind, snow, ice to get through. I see why I was eyeing for a new pair of pants yesterday. I did pack a sowing kit and if need be I can sow or duct tape to get through the rest of the week.

I watched Oprah on “I Am” the movie, “If you are not living your heart’s calling, passion, then the heart dies a little each day.”

I finished the Oregon retreat menu. I will have to tweak it here and there to adjust quantity and whatever other changes that comes up.