Not All Lessons Come in Warm and Sweet


Today I treated myself to North Face socks, super expensive even after the outlet discount and a sale discount on top of that.  They ran at $4. a pair.  But they don’t bunch at the toes!  

 I saw uncle Ben who quickly handed me toasted bread from Semi Freddie.  It was super sweet of him.  We both have this understanding of bread and an appreciation of bread and human courtesy etiquette. 

I saw Dr. Fang stepping onto the steps for sun and air.  He was not his happy funny self this morning.  He looked wiped out.  He sat and curled his head, trying to shake stuff off.  It was so unlike him, to be in this state.  He looked grey and burnt brown.  Upon seeing him, I recalled how my chest was having difficulty in breathing for two hour prior to shopping at North Face.  I felt a suffocating pain and grief.  It went away with the distraction of shopping, saved by shopping?  After being debriefed of the drama, I decided I wasn’t going to enter the building and go home instead, however a bloody finger Laura interrupted this plan.  I had to go in to find medicine and bandage for her.

Upon entering the building, everyone looked so serious, uptight and unhappy like they just had a war in the space.  I didn’t know what was in the building, I was in pursuit of locating first aid to stop Laura’s bleeding.  

Upon entering the hall, I saw her, she who has given me so much hell and I didn’t drop dead at the sight.  I actually was able to breathe normally and my feet kept on walking.  I couldn’t believe it at all, I guess this means graduation of sorts. 

I am glad I missed the unnecessary war.  I am glad it wasn’t me who had to bleed physically or spiritually.  It is all unnecessary to experience it that way. 

Toure sat outside in the sun and was laughing all by himself.  It was not a joyful laugh, a true laugh, it was laughter to disguise pain.  He looked really depressed and in grief.  He looked drugged out.  I brought him OJ and sat in the sun with him.  He was totally off and he was totally transmedium.  He was a bit scary to be around.  It is evident he is clear of what is wrong and is going against his own wisdom and better judgment ignoring the screams of pain, sacrificing the bright light of his heart for a different kind.  He is his own person and needs to live his own life.      

We decided to go for a walk and came across John who came to deliver Toure’s phone who evidently left it on the front steps.  We decided to go to Teance.  I think the purpose of this trip is to come across Maryann who just returned from Ohio after the passing of her father and friend.  I honestly didn’t recognize her.  She looked horrible, all grey of grief and purple of bruises.  She began walking my way and decided to not come across me and then did a U-turn.  She felt over whelmed.  Finally after sitting across from me for the afternoon, she picked up the courage to try again and walked over.  I got off my seat and gave her a hug to receive her.  We chatted and updated each other of the past few years.  Just in talking to her, I watched her purple grey colors change and her light was back, that was all I wanted to see happen.  I did my job for the day.  This trip to Teance was not in vain, mission accomplished.   

My back was in so much pain, I had to sit on the bench, then I just decided to go to the back and hang out instead.  Michelle asked me the specifics of the pain I was in,  “Tingle, spikes, burn etc..”  She asked questions like her brother Dr. Michael the chiropractor. 

I came home and accessed today’s time at the monastery.  The monastery is a great school of learning.  Not all lessons are sweet and warm.  Not all lessons are in beautiful sight.