Broke a Brace



Day 20 Snowboarding
I woke up with green phlegm. I drank a lot of tea this morning. Felt really good to recite. I miss Dharma study and regular meditation. It’s time to get back into the groove. At 10:45am I cleared my car of snow and put coolant in the reserve, all three cups. It snowed all day today. I walked to Blue Go Bus stop right in front of the inn. I waited for what seemed like a long time. A lot of snow accumulated on me as I waited. The road at 11am was all ice.



I made it to the lot at 12pm. The snow was amazingly buttery. This is just so much fun! My right toe brace broke early in the day. I decided to keep riding with just left brace fully functional. I was careful and aware of my situation and the possible injury of tearing of my knee from this if I fly off on a fall. I found a way to keep riding, go goofy. I fell a lot. But today was not a bad day to fall on fresh fluffy powder. I will get a new brace when I get home. I did spend half the day asking myself why I had to have a broken brace and limit the use of my board control on such an amazing gifted day of fresh powder. Yup the complainer within was back, so annoying. I took a sandwich break underneath the trees overlooking the amazing lake. I almost missed the last lifts down. Patsy was closed, I rushed to catch the Groove down and connected with the last lift down Gun Barrel at 4:30pm.

I ran for the shuttle and took the Gold route back to the inn. The driver was Hispanic, a happy fellow. It is very nice to see happy people at their job. I came back and cleared more snow off my car in case it rained, it will all become ice clinched to my car.