The Worst of This Run Was Over, The Rest Gets Easier



Day 18 Snowboarding 2011 Season

Time change, we sprang forward. I was not aware of this and so I found myself an hour lost and behind. This meant an hour less on the mountain. Oh well, it’s the quality and not quantity on the slopes. Powder on the slopes today. It was nice and quiet. I enjoyed sitting on the snow and watching the powder fall and listening to myself and the wind. I am more accustomed to the cold and after that cold storm in February of -25 degrees wind chill, it doesn’t seem so bad. As I sat to rest and enjoy the snow on Ellie’s a staff ski by me and asked if I was okay and injured. I told him I was just tired. He assured me the worst of this run was over and the rest is easier and encouraged me that the end of the slope was near. Another reason to love this mountain, awesome staff! I was able to do consecutive circles today, that was so much fun and very satisfying.

On Sky Express today I sat next to a woman who wants to do the walk from France to Spain, the Camio de Santiago. So I chatted with her about Guri’s trip. She also told me the way from Swiss into Italy. There is also one from Austria to Swiss into Italy. I told her I won’t be doing it this year but maybe later.

Today I reflected on the last ten years, how it was the brightest and the darkest of times. I was so sick every day. I don’t know how I would have been able to get out of bed if not from the help of all the projects at Berkeley Buddhist Monastery and all the spiritual aid. I am very grateful. I wished for the health and welfare of all beings.

The drive home was rainy. I sped up and down the mountain in focus and quick time as if I’ve been driving this mountain for years. In Sacramento I started to feel sleepy and tired. The focus on the road took effort and there was a lot of traffic, on top of it all the rain was on down pour. I refused to stop to pee.

I feel between Sacramento and Dixon area there is a gateway, it’s is a border of something. There is significant shift and always a slowdown in traffic. Whit all this rain, the 680 drive was just beautiful with rolling green luscious hills. I thought how it would be nice to hike these hills.