Reading the Speed of the Clouds

Day 15 snowboarding

I didn’t roll out at until 4:30am.  First 2 hours before sunset was super difficult driving.  I was tired.  I pulled over to get gas at the station in Placerville.  I had breakfast at the gas station.  As I climbed the last 60 miles, I noticed my temperature meter going beyond ½ and by the time I parked my car, ready to shut off the engine, my meter raced to the red zone.  I turned the engine off before the meter pushed to the red.  I popped the hood and checked my coolant and the reservoir had no coolant in it.  

I made it to Heavenly parking lot at 9am.  Another hour later would have put me parking on Ski Run and taking the shuttle up.  I needed to dress for the slopes and not worry about the car.  After a few runs off Sky Express, I sat at Sky Deck and ate bread.  I was super hungry by 11am, much of a surprise to me. .  Today the blue diamond run of High Five felt like a green diamond bunny run.

Then I took Sky Express and turned to Nevada side and spent the rest of the day on Nevada.  The Skyline trail was beautiful.  I find the Nevada side to be plain.  All and all it was a lovely afternoon and my legs were seriously tired.  My tail bone hurts somehow.  I went up Sky express twice and Canyon Express a few times today.  On the dipper lift I sat next to a man who knew about clouds and said those clouds were moving at 400 mph all by the kind of formation they are. 

Today I went up the slope with determination, goal to ride blue diamonds.  I went on Patsy green diamond for the past one and half month.  Now I am on blue diamond.  I am beyond my schedule and goal,  I graduated out of green diamond.  It is so amazing.  What else can I accomplish that I think I can’t, that it will just never happen.  When I started I humbly hoped I can and if not next season to progress to Blue Diamond.  Now that I have, I want to look at what else in my life I have yet to set time and practice for, wished but didn’t think in reality I can and didn’t bother really to even start trying.  What else did I not give myself a chance to give it a try and a good run at least?  

My first concern heading to the parking lot was to stop for hot chocolate that they hand out along with cookies at the end of the day by the shuttle bus area.  Then I opened the hood and added whatever is left to my coolant in the trunk to the radiator.  I had 3-4 cups left.  I could not figure out if it was 50-50 or I need to add water.  I just added water anyways.  I cautiously rolled to CVS and bought another coolant concentrate and did my own mix with water, this give me more coolant and saves more trunk space.  The radiator was empty and so was the coolant reservoir.  I ran my car for 10 minutes like the CVS staff said to do to make sure the coolant ran through fine before I drive off.  Way beyond tired after this.