Kicked Out of My Own House


Dream

I am in the monastery, everyone has left and I stepped outside too because I was told I could not be in the monastery.  I go out to eat a cracker while standing at the front door.  People returned, it is evening, others looked at me wondered why I am still standing in the dark instead of inside.  So I proceeded to enter and I am now at another part of the monastery.  I saw various staff working on various operations of the monastery.  I thought to myself, “Looks like everything is under control.  I continued to pass through various departments and saw scenes of people working away.  I thought in great relief, “How great is this!  Everything is so well taking cared of everyone is so productive!  I am so proud of seeing these sights.”  I decided there was nothing for me to do and retired to my room up the stairs.  As I climbed the stairs, I realized, this was my monastery, I run it, I live in it, and how silly I was to have stood outside alone in the dark and cold because I heard someone say I can’t be inside.  Who was this person anyways, just a voice from a distance, why did I have to follow it?