Had to Get an Eclipse Burger King Crown

Day 18

At 6:30am I went for a morning misty foggy walk on the beach.  I came across joggers and dog walkers and surfers and paddle boarders.  Sunrise walks like this is wonderful.  During my walk I saw a man collect sand dollars and asked if they are still alive and he said no.  So I decided to collect them too.  Watching dogs play on the beach is like watching kids play.  The smile on a dog’s face is a beam of sunshine in the misty fog.  I returned to my car and spent the rest of the time watching the beach activities from the warmth of my car.  The waves are bunny waves but the water is super cold. 


I had no idea where my next stop is in Morro Bay.  I ended up following a mini van with a surf board.  He pulled into a spot to the right of the boulder beyond touristy spots.  This is nice because there is very little traffic. 


I met Rob and his family of 4 sons and their dog.  I got to play catch with the dog.  I need to work on my throw.  I pulled out the stove and cooked split pea soup along with pasta.  They were both not real food in my opinion but it was something hot and that will do in this weather.  I ended up falling asleep again at 11am to 2pm.  Then I moved to the beach and laid on the sand.  I watched the seagulls fly into the pond of water like and airport landing pad.  I saw a dog enjoy frisbee.  The alpha dog for this dog was the young boy.  It was super fun to watch. 


I drove to Burger King and was bombarded by Eclipse everything everywhere.  I couldn’t help myself but go for an Eclipse movie crown.  I sat by the windows and charged batteries.   Rob and his wife both suggested that I continue to drive north on HWY 1 because the coastal drive is beautiful.  I also spoke with Rev. Heng Sure and he suggested that I take HWY 101 because of the physical fatigue I was in and that would not be so safe for me to do coastal tight turns when I am in this shape.  I think it was really good timing I spoke with Rev. Heng Sure, good advice, super grateful. 

This evening, I parked in front of a tree at the bay where boats were docked and just watched the sunset sky, listened to the chimes of the eucalyptus leaves behind me.  The sunset tonight was winter wonderland icy cold blue and contrasted well with pale earth tones of eucalyptus trees.  It was all very beautiful. 

Nature the perfect artist, this scenic view was worth the drive.