Monterey Bay



This looked like it came out of a storybook.
Day 20
I had breakfast underneath a tree and saw a grey brown rabbit out for breakfast too.  It was super cute.  I had a Safeway croissant.  It’s the best croissant I’ve had.  Why is it that the Safeway croissant is better here in Carmel?  It is even more beautifully baked than other Safeways.



Another house with charm.
Seven Gables Inn


I pulled over to Monterey and drove to lover’s point then to the tip of the gold course.  I saw harbor seals napping on the rocks, smelly.  I saw lots of Quincineras and Weddings being held.  I went to Seven Gables Inn, it was beautiful and starts at $250.00 per night. 

One of the many beach weddings today, all looking very cold and windy and grey.





Nope these are not overnight campers, these are day use park goers who knows how cold it is to be out on the beach so they stay in the tent to stay warm all day long.  What's the point?  It must be fun for them somehow.   




Just imagine when the sun is out, the colors of this water will be amazing!


Another one of the many Quincinera parties on the beach
 
Then I went to the wharf to look into shops and I really didn’t find anything I wanted to stop in for.  There was a fair nearby and I walked around and looked at booths.  I stopped by a photo booth of landscape photography and I chatted with the photographer who is an old man, about the use of film and digital photography and the difference in prints.  The photographer mocked me for asking such a question and made a spectacle out of me.  I ran as fast as I could, far, far away from him and the fair. 





I went to the marina and saw the lawn was packed with scuba divers and all their gears.  The visibility in the water is difficult today.  There were divers in double wet suits to stay warm in these waters.  I wonder what Henry does in Antarctica when he dives?




I drove towards Santa Cruz and on my way I pulled into a farm stand off HWY 1 before Dolan.  I ended up buying $70.00 worth of groceries.  So I decided to head home, the groceries needed to be refrigerated.  This was how the end of the trip was decided, on a grocery shopping whim.

In the mountains, I found my rhythm.  I know how I am healthiest, peaceful, and happy.  In the urban world, I am reminded of how I do not wake up to greet sunrise.  I do not care to witness sunset in gratitude of another day in magic and amazingness.  A lot of time is lost in sleeping or resting only to be lost some more.  Hunger is triggered by the brain even then the belly is full saying, “give me something else to feel alive, anything but this.  Nurture me, I am dying.”