San Diego Campgrounds All Full For the Entire Week

Day 15
The wind blew strong against the tent.  I woke up many times.  I also had a scary dream and woke up from that too.  All and all it was a night of interrupted sleep.  I packed the tent by 6:11am and rolled off by 6:30am.  I made it to Las Vegas by 9am.  I found a breakfast buffet at Harrah’s for $17 after tax.  It wasn’t cheap or the kind of food for me.  I forgot about the smoke factor in other states.  Here in Vegas, all the zoned out souls, what a dark scary contrast to all the bright eyed happy people in the National Parks. 

I head out to San Diego at 10:30am.  I was sleepy and hot.  I fazed in and out of focus on the road and even drifted in and out of lanes.  I rolled into San Diego at 4pm into Carlsbad South Campground at the beach.  I was unimpressed by the campground and the beach.  I did stroll on the beach and watch surfers and families play.  Then I head to Solana Beach, a spot for surfers.  None of these beaches are for swimming.  I laid in the sand and watched the sky.  I was cold, same experience for San Elijo Campsites. 

I did witness a beautiful sunset at 8pm today.  A young youth got baptized on the beach.  He had an emotional speech in the gratitude to his family, he was surrounded by 50 of his close peers supporting this motion forward in his commitment to a new way of life and living.  It was a treat to be a part of this beautiful moment. 


 

All campsites are full this week up the coast.  This is bad.  I had a lot of resistance to be here,  I didn’t care to come, but I am here.  Well, it’s a good thing I love watching the sea.  I love being in the sea.  I love to surf.  I love being in the sand. 

I pulled into Henry’s natural food grocery store to stock up on some supplies.  I felt extremely tired at 9:30pm and went to use Jack in the Box restroom.  I found a spot uphill to rest in the neighborhood.  The uphill ended up being great for leveling of the feet.  I put a blanket underneath the bum to fill in the crack of the seat to better support my spine. 
 
This lack of campsite issue will be a determining factor how long this last stretch of my trip will be.  It is looking like short.  I can only sleep in my car for so many nights.  I really have no idea where I am right now, no worries though.