“Smile and you change the world”

Day 2 National Park 2010
I woke up at 3:30am cold, freezing and cold. My back ached from sleeping in the car seat. My lower back had no rest from this form of sleeping. I was cold so I burned more energy than rested. It was so hot, dessert hot at midnight and just within 2 to 3 hours the temperature dropped to chilling cold. I didn’t want to get out of the car in the dark, I was scared, afraid of the dark. I didn’t know what as outside waiting for me. Yes, and I am on a wilderness trip for a month and I will be alone in the dark more than this one time, every night in fact. It’s good work on things I am afraid of. I was able to reach for the resting foam pad and pull it over for some insulation. I was still cold, curled up in tension in attempt to say warm. The rest of my things were in the trunk and I couldn’t quite get the trunk to open from the back seat so this was all I had to go on. And yes I was too scared to walk out of the car to go into the trunk from the outside to reach for warm clothes and sleeping bag.

At 4:33am I was woken up by the shock of “thump thump”. My car shook from side to side. My heart raced and felt like it would pop out of my chest as I opened my eyes in the dark without glasses and saw big UHaul size shadow to the both sides of me. I stumbled for my glasses and then saw 6 large horses surrounding me. They were pretty. I wanted to roll the window down and pet them. I knew what they wanted. They wanted me to move my car, I was parked on their breakfast, the only patch of green grass on this dessert. So I rolled my car away out of their breakfast a whole 100 yards away so they can eat their breakfast. I am glad I didn’t poop or pee on their breakfast, adding extras to their typical grassy meal.

I tried to sleep but I was too buzzed from the shock and distress of their morning wake up call for me. I couldn’t sleep and I tried to rest for another hour because I knew how exhausted I was. I went and found a spot for my morning business and while I was squatting I noticed all the horses were staring at me. I guess I slept in the midst of horses last night. I felt comfortable around them.

I rolled off at 5:36am and reached Sedona a little after 7:10am. I spoke to Gretchen who worked at the campsite and she gave me a few pointers and clarified that Sedona is healing not ghostly. She hadbeautiful clear bright eyes. Her hospitality and grounded persona made her very pleasant to be around. She listen and our exchanges were wonderful, what a beautiful person she is. I drove around the campsite and checked out if I wanted to stay in this sight. This is the second campsite on the west by the creek. I had no plans, I wasn’t even going to check out Sedona or stay over. I pulled over at a vista stop but the sun was bright and hot so I wasn’t able to take a nap. I desperately needed to sleep at 8am to make up for the lack of sleep last night. I thought about pulling out the matt and just taking a nap on the ground next to my car but the ants are giagantic and there was mosquitos. So I decided to keep driving towards Sedona and pulled over at a Junipine Resort parking lot and napped. I still didn’t fall asleep but the rest was a driving safety necessity.

After 2 hours of rest I drove to downtown Sedona where nothing opened till 11am and I was there at 10:10am. I walked all around the downtown, it was hot, dry burning hot. All the food was pricy. I called and checked in with people so they knew where I was and what I was doing next. It is always good to make sure people know where I am and when I am leaving where and when I have arrived where and where I am staying, what trail I left to hike on for the day, etc… I sat outside a tea shop overlooking the red mountain ridges of Sedona, that was lovely and very relaxing.

I stopped by the visitor’s information center and picked up a map and got information on the closest vortex to visit. I went to the airport one. I had missed the parking turn off the first time, the one closest to the road. There isn’t any signs, just a parking pull over. I ended up at the airport and used the restroom in the restaurant and got official pointer to the vortex pull over. The airport vortex is the closest one from downtown and is the closest one from the parking lot. I am actually in a squirt and in my flip flop. I am not dressed for hiking at all in the sand or on rocks. And yet I didn’t change, I just hiked in them through sand and boulders.

A tree taken at the vortex site.

Cactus flowers are amazingly beautiful.

Then I decided without sun block, I would lay on the center and feel the vibe. I laid down on my back and asked the vortex for a healing. I felt pains and injuries arise. I felt my chi run on my hands. I didn’t lay too long. It was high noon, I was hungry too, my last spaghetti long digested. I was grateful for this experience.



It was high noon when I arrived. I came across Belinda from Texas who was carrying harpsichord in her had looking for a spot to side and play music. She pointed to me which spot was the center of the vortex and that was the hill I climbed. I made it to the top at high noon and stood for a bit silently.  
On my way to the parking lot I saw Belinda found her spot and she flagged me and invited me to sit with her and she played 2 songs she wrote for me right on the spot.
“I believe in Miracles, I believe dreams come true, I believe in you.”
“Smile and you change the world”
She let me play with her harpsichord. It had a very angelic tune.