Laguna South Beach

Day 16

At 3 am this morning the temperature dropped and I was cold, I curled up as much as possible to exert force to stay warm.  I head back to Jack in the Box to use the restroom in the morning.  Then I went to Seven Eleven to heat up leftovers from last night in their microwave.  I stopped at West Market off Avenue Encinida at Cardiff area north of Carlsbad.  This place had the best, cleanest restroom for a rest stop so far.  It was really clean, nice, new, and had decorations.

I continued to drive North and there were surfers getting a few rides in before work.  Cyclists in blue about 25 rode by.  They were amazing to see. 



It is interesting to see how ghostly a place is after the party of the night before.  It makes me wonder who truly partied, human or ghosts?


This guy is in training and trains by running uphill with carrying someone else on his back.  It was inspiring to watch.
I stopped at Oceanside Harbor and strolled around a bit.  I noticed I like the very nice expensive areas or super rough natural nature areas.  The Del Mar Naval place was nearby.  I stopped by San Onofre State Park, another surfer beach.  Which means no good waves for swimming in.  The beach was a different terrain.  I then stopped by San Clemente in Orange County and feels okay but doesn’t quite fit me somehow.   


I finally figured out why I felt so cold in SoCal.  It is because I just came from 100 degree weather and anything under that feels cold.  I was feeling tired and I went to the back to the car and napped in the hot car.  This I guess is my transition out of the mountains.  I listened to the sounds of the waves feeling the cool breeze bringing relief to the very hot car I was in.  It feel good to just chill here.  But this is not quite the place to park myself all day. 

I then drove to Laguna South Beach.  I don’t know the name of the beach but it was pretty, the water and sky were both light blue and the sand was cream tan.  In the morning, it was a good place for boogie boarding, at around noon the waves were large and choppy.  I find it too dangerous to be in the water.  I laid in the sun for 4 hours.  I fell numerous time in the water and got sand burns from scrapping the floor bed as the waves pulled and pushed me.  I rinsed myself off on the beach water spray. 

 


A young boy asked me about Huntington Beach, I guess that too is where I am headed next.  Why not!  I feel a sensory overload.  Too much activity and people and things, I am feeling very overwhelmed.  This afternoon I found myself rolling into Newport Bay.  I rolled into the back end.  It was quiet and nice, a place where joggers and bikers go.  I sat on the drive seat where there was shade and sat up and napped for 2 hours.  The water container was behind me and I could not lean back so I sat and napped like that.  I was super tired and I just needed a nap.  Well, at this rate of naps, I don’t know how long it will take for me to get back. 

Bought food from Burger King and took it to Balboa Beach and sat on the sand, watched sunset and eat my dinner.  The wind was cold and people were riding their bikes, walking their dogs, skateboarding.  It is nice that there is a wide beach sidewalk where it is safe to do so and not worry about cars.  I was too cold here and did not stay on.  Driving during sunset time has its challenges. 


I find Newport, Balboa, Huntington Beach are all quite similar in culture, the people stuff.  My favorite for scenic view is Laguna.  I stopped at Huntington Center that leads to the peer.  The main street was closed for street performers and for fair food and shopping stalls.  The ones you see at fairs.  I almost bought a pair of surfer booties for $10.  But when will I actually surf?  It’s really just too cold in the bay area. 

My body clock is on Mountain schedule.  I wake up when the sunrises and sleep when the sun sets.  I think this is a good schedule to keep up. 

Tonight I was super tired and decided I was done driving for the day and drove around the neighborhood and found a spot to park and sleep for the night.  Even though I had a morning and an afternoon nap today, I was still tired at 9pm.