Black Pearl







I woke up after getting very little rest last night. One of the guys was packing for a long time late last night. Being in a room that consisted with mostly men, the snoring was immense. My ear plugs did little to block out the noises.

Danica got up too and vowed that she would not go shopping that day. After that we were ready to head out for breakfast on a street stand. During the meal, a grandma showed up with wreathed flowers and was selling for 5 yuan each. I went for 2 yuan and she agreed. I convinced Danica to get one. As for me, I went for two for my head. She looked really hippy like a flower child. She said I looked Hawaiian. We got photos of ourselves. Danica handed this flower selling grandma more money than the selling price because it of her age and she just wanted to give this old woman more money as she would have if it was her grandma.

We went to a local village area for tourist visit and checked out a bit of their culture etc... In this cultural visitor sight, there were performances and songs from this particular tribe. We got to see their costume and the kind of craft work they did.

This particular tribe is known for their dark tanned skin. The name that is given to the most beautiful female is, “Black Pearl”.