Roasted Sweet Potato


I had two bananas for breakfast and the guys had hand pulled noodles. I actually ordered noodles myself but mine came with onions when I asked for none. It also came with meat broth when I asked for none. I just couldn’t eat it. The guys ate it instead. Joe can’t live without noodles and Hiyohe can’t live without rice each meal and I can’t live without vegetables.

We took the bus to Ling Yan Si where JiGong was ordained. We did a quick run and as out of there really fast. We got onto another bus to the Historical Street for lunch. We had a late lunch at a restaurant. I passed on food and just drank tea. Both the guys were feeling very sorry for me at this point. I must have looked really pathetic. Joe bought a roasted sweet potato from a street vendor for me to eat. All of us ate it. It was really good. It was the first solid food I was able to eat. It made both of them very happy to see me eat something.

On the touristy Historical Street one of our main attractions was to visit a Chinese Medicine Museum. It was interesting. We also watched people perform pouring of tea Beijing style.

We strolled around West Lake some more just to have something to do. But the cold wind arrived yesterday for the official on set of winter and it was cold. We were so cold that we decided to go find a coffee shop to sit and hangout. Well, we ended up in KFC because we wanted to be left alone once we sat down. We really just needed a warm place to hang out.

Then we stopped by a market to pack for our journey tomorrow. Joe had a long train ride back to Hong Kong. Hiyohe was heading north to meet up with his friends to head off to Korea together. So they both ended up packing the same kind of food for the road. I picked up nori and more fruits for my bus ride to SuZhou tomorrow.

When we returned to our room another bunk mate moved in. He was asleep. I looked at this older man and listened to his breath which was heavy and in distress. His body was in tension from anger and frustration. I felt sorry for him. What he brought to the room and the air was a kind of stinky, slimy, intoxicating, thickness. He had drank earlier before bed.

The three of us packed at night so that we would not have to rush the next day.