Nan Hua Si

Last night, a gentle mosquitoes flew about in the room while the storm poured outside in thunder and all. I said to it, “you can bit me tomorrow if you’d like. But tonight, lets share this room that will shelter both of us from the rain and thunder. And try not to fly near my ear because I can’t sleep that way.” It worked.

I got up early for breakfast. I like monastic food. I like the simplicity of clean rice. It taste sweet and smells fragrant. Afterward I went back to rest because the door for the halls did not officially open till 8am. Plus my lower back was locked and I was in a lot of pain.

When the doors opened I told Han I knew she was reciting last night and I felt the healing through the walls. I told her I have affinities with the Vajra Sutra and I have yet to properly explore this in my life. I thanked her for her practice that I benefited so much from last night. She quickly disappeared and came back with wafers for me to take for the road.

I went to bow to the flesh body of Ven. Hui Neng and left the monastery to catch the right bus in order to catch the only train out of Shaoguan to Anhui, Huangshan. I had to hurry because if I missed the bus the next one would be fifty minutes later and I may miss the only train for the day.

The bus ride only took half an hour, it was a direct shuttle bus unlike the public bus that stopped everywhere to pick up passengers and also the connecting bus that I would have to take on top of that.