Dreaming of Pumpkin Pies



I am dreaming of pumpkin pies, mashed potato, corn bread, and cranberries for Thanksgiving. I got up early like the rest of the people in the room at 6:30am for a view of the sunrise with their tour group. Well, it was still pouring outside, I doubt it’s going to go according to plans. The women from XingJiang told me to go back to bed and stay out of the rain.

I tried to call Chen to cancel our scheduled breakfast at 7:15am to decide if we would head down the mountain or not but her cell phone was off and I just stayed in bed. She came and found me in bed. I told her I didn’t want to walk in the rain but if her schedule was tight and she needed to head down the mountain then we would part here. Plus she’s paying three times more than I am per night so her expense is more. Chen convinced me to accompany her to breakfast only to sit through hearing her talk about how fat she’s going to get by eating. She’s like a size zero in the U.S. She’s not even fat by Chinese standards.

I returned to my room and meditated. I really like meditating on Huang Shan with the sounds of the rain outside. I really enjoyed a day of down time in rest and meditation.