On Travels Alone


Honestly, I saw lots of good peaks today. I have trekked a lot today, all 9 hours and been on many trails. It was foggy, and misty, and polluted, it was difficult for photography but may have interesting effects.

It is amazing, aside from meeting government officers and making friends with them, I keep meeting female vegetarian westerners wherever I go. They are happy to encounter me who speaks the language and order the right food without MSG. for them. Danica is a vegetarian too.

People have been kind to me, gathering me into their group when they find out I am traveling alone, fearing I'd be lonely etc..... But then there would be the others who would speak in their dialect and thinking I wouldn't make out what they say, putting me down for traveling alone and how I need to have a boyfriend to travel with etc...... well, I don't have a boyfriend. Anyone who can travel a long time need to either be laid off or quit their job and not worry about their spouse or kids or other family members.

There are people in my life worrying for me that I travel alone and really recommends that I wait to travel with others. But really, when is that going to happen. I just decided that I cannot hold my breath and wait for others to join me as I watch my life pass by.