Visiting Lovers

Yesterday I got to the train station and took the train to Huang Shan Train stop. I didn't get a sleeper berth. I got a seat ticket. The sleeper berths were unavailable. When I got onto cart number 6 exactly what my ticket was numbered for, I decided to head into cart number 5 to check out the other availabilities. I found a row of three empty seats for my 20 hour ride to AnHui, and laid all my stuff down to reserve it for the evening as a bed to rest. It's quite hard to sleep this way. My hips hurt no matter which way I laid. I think my hips are still very tender from the car crash. I can't quite put so much pressure on it.

On the train, I hung out with lots of people and had a great time chatting with the locals. Hey, twenty hours of a bummy train ride, might as well spend it in joy as much as one could on a train. Time flew by as I hung out with the other young people who all happen to be my neighbors. We all ended up sitting together for convenience of conversation, sharing food, and singing songs.

I met an 18 year old girl who just finished high school and is visiting her boyfriend who is on a business trip. Their common dream together is to open a sports shoes shop. She showed me her prized new tennis shoes that she has yet to wear but is keeping in the box it came when she bought it. You can really tell, she’s really into athletic shoes. She and I hit if off quite well and she sat across from the whole trip. I met a 27 year old lady who is visiting her boyfriend also in AnHui who is an accountant. She didn’t open up to me as much and kept switching seats from row to row. She ended back to our area because it was more fun with us. Then there was a guy who was from Huang Shan who is a software game installer, I can’t recall his name so I decided to just call him Leo since his sun sign was Leo. The one thing all three had in common were they were all visiting their lovers.

It was fun sitting with everyone. Time just flew by easily this way. Leo and I inquired into their love lives like inquisitors. Leo would tell us stories and jokes. We would all sing, well it was more like they would all sing current hit pop songs. They spent the whole time trying to figure out where I was from. Leo was even going to trade 5 bedtime stories if I told him where I was from. I fell asleep before he could tell them to me.

Leo and I landed in the train station 7am in the morning. It was actually late somehow by half an hour. Leo walked me to the youth hostel with his girlfriend who stood in the cold for an hour waiting to receiving him. They both walked me to the youth hostel that was on their way to his place. He made sure I made it into the youth hostel and checked in alright before parting with me. That was very nice of him. I dropped my bags at the Youth Hostel for safe keeping at the counter. It's not that safe since they didn't put it in the storage or may be they will later.