Humble is an Understatement





I woke up early to meditate before we all head out as a trio to do our final parting. My bus was later than their trains. But I wanted to part together so I got up early and left with the guys. It was a good thing because it took time for the public local bus to get to the long distance bus terminal.

I got onto the 9:55am bus to Suzhou. The brief two hours on the road felt twice as long in my weakened body. After arriving at the Suzhou long distance bus terminal, I took another local bus to the Youth Hostel. I checked in and dropped my bags off and inquired about the local sights to see. I had decided that I would go and see the Humble Garden in the rain anyways in my fatigue and all. I just didn’t want to spend another day in a bunk bed that’s all.

At the Zhou Zhen Yuan, I thought to myself that I could handle living here. It was very nicely laid out with beautiful landscaping. Everything was balanced and harmonious. Walking in the rain was not the best thing for me, I got pretty wet and grew a headache. I found myself physically keeling over from fatigue and decided to exit the grounds. I stopped at a porridge shop and ordered porridge.

Although I was very tired, I wanted to walk the streets. Suzhou is very cute with its waterways like LiJiang, like Venice. There are lots of Korean restaurants here and in Hangzhou there were lots of western restaurants.

I spent the rest of the evening laughing my way through Shrek II and Sky High at the hostel. I must have stank from all the barfing because the staff at the hostel all kept their distance with me.