Friday Night is the Cake of the Week

 Day 11

Today was a bit of a blur.  I cooked 5 meals at once; Friday breakfast, lunch dinner and Saturday breakfast and lunch.  I felt as if I lived all those time zones at once. 




Everyone pitched in on the food mass production today.  Billy helped in the kitchen to fill water that was next to the oil wok.  Someone made a scene that displayed the accusing of the possibility of Billy getting water in the hot oil wok this morning.  Loc jumped in and accompanied Billy the rest of the morning in support for his crushed spirit of such a drama. 

It’s really lovely to see Paola gather in all the young girls to help in salad production each day.  Andrew N and the rest of the guys worked on the fruit tart. 

Lunch gratitude and acknowledgements were carried out.  It’s all the same now, name, or no name.  You see it, or don’t see it.  You know or don’t know.  It’s all the same to me.  I know each day how I faired.  I know each moment how I faired. 

Everyone came.  They all stepped up to the plate and was happy and confident to do their part in support of the others.  Everyone shined beautifully.  

We packed for Saturday lunch at 6:30pm.  I was seriously tired at 7:30pm.  I barely sat.  My right ankle was swollen in pain.  I felt finished and ready to close shop on Oregon retreat. 

This evening started with Thomas and James singing their Amitabha songs.  They had two prepared.  They were just beautiful.  The nuns sang along too.  Lily, Sherry’s daughter has an amazing voice.  Fab played too and sang.  It was all just wonderful.  It was a lovely evening of sharing and lots of thanks in their snap shots.   This is really the cake of the week.  It’s just so nice to see the product of all the work put into supporting the personal transformation of each person.

My snap shot, “ Leaves falling, sounds like rain drops, soft fluffy mossy soil for bedding.”

When the bell struck and the evening was over, I ran out to the deck and avoided the crowd, it becomes a grand central station junction with good byes and clean up.  I stood outside the front door on the deck and chatted with people waiting for a ride down to the Can.  I hugged people as a brother and as a sister and did my good bye. 

I felt so exhausted, I couldn’t do much to contribute to clean up.  We all head down to the Can and didn’t finish until 12:30am.  Seeing how the tables and benches were up, I felt better about the rest of tomorrow’s clean up.  I smelled so bad from today’s work I insisted on a shower before bed.