Washing Dishes With Cuts in His Hands

Day 8

I woke up with the help of the alarm.  The alarm was my back up.  I didn’t get down the hill until 6am.  I cooked millet with tofu and leftover stir-fry rice.  Then I began on lunch prep and got very excited over the making of German Chocolate cake.     

During lunch I felt happy and peaceful and so I kept on cleaning, washing, sweeping, etc… in the kitchen.  Looking out for me, Billy came in and wanted me to go get a lunch plate.  I told him I was stuffed from breakfast.  Someone asked if Billy was my son.  Billy said he could be my brother.  That was sweet.

Noodles don’t seem to be too popular this year.  Every year it is different.  Last year noodles was the thing.    
Darius cut both of his hands while washing dishes and I banned him from the kitchen and he could not believe it.  As soon as the bleeding stopped he returned and washed more dishes in the wash line.  I couldn’t physically keep him away so I just let him continue to wash dishes in pain.  He’s got a heart of a Bodhisattva and a Bodhisattva work ethic.    


I went to my trunk and noticed ants in my trunk.  I began shaking the ants off onto the grass.  Billy saw me from a distance and quickly asked me what was wrong.  This young man has got his tabs on things.  He has the qualities of a good leader.  

Dr. Loc is not only the organizer but also the doctor for the retreat