Just Scared

Day 13

I slept 12 hours straight and woke up at 9am.  I did not feel ready to go home.  I am physically exhausted and my ankle is in great pain.  I could barely stand today.  Having cell phone reception now that I am back in civilization I looked at my phone.  I found it loaded with messages from the entire summer and all the “crisis” that “needed” attending. For the first time, I felt relieved to be here in this motel room to hide. 

What do I have for food today?  I have fruit tart, raisin bread, and chocolate.  I won’t complain, it’s something for food.  I had it with three kinds of tea.  I don’t have to hop anywhere with one function leg in this 110 degree heat to get food to eat.   

I took a nap in the afternoon.  I crashed after returning phone calls.  I woke up at 6:45pm.  I finally felt much better.  I didn’t cry today. 

I prayed to Guan Yin Bodhisattva how I need more rest and I am not well enough to handle all that is waiting for me back at home. 

This day past fast, for one I was barely awake much to begin with.  I spent most of my time sleeping.  I drank tea all day, I can feel the dehydration.  I was somehow too busy to bother to drink and too busy to bother to go pee yesterday. 

I ran through possible ways of getting home from here.  One option is to leave the car here and rent a car to get home and catch my flight to Kaui.  A month later when I am back from Kaui I can pick up my car.   

I saw lots of Dharma Protectors surrounding me these past 24 hours, mainly because I was crying in distress.  They kept an eye on me and accompanied me because I was scared.  Otherwise they’d just go about their business. 

At 10:20pm I took a shower and prickly cold acidic chi came out of my pores as I showered.  I left all the lights on.  It’s scary without them by myself in this area here.  I kept the sutra near me because I felt scared tonight.