I Just Love Being in the Zone

Day 2

Henry’s truck rolled in at 1:30am.  Stacy, Tina and I went to Safeway to buy supplies because all the food stuff is in Jason Kung’s truck and he is not due to arrive until late tonight somehow.  It was cheaper to buy frozen and canned than the fresh produce.  Plus the fresh produce wasn’t very fresh.  So I had to create menu on the spot and decided to make sandwiches and roasted potato with minestrone soup. 

Dinner menu: leftovers with casserole with peach cherry strawberry blueberry cobbler.  For dinner we sat outside in the meadow with candles, it was a lovely evening. 

Contrary to what people think, I don’t actually love to cook.  I love the zone of focus and concentration in cooking.  I love the inspiration that arises and expressed through cooking.      

Loc and Billie arrived at 8:30pm right as dinner began.  This retreat really feels like a reunion of spirits and hearts here each year.  It feels complete like a circle when people show up.   

Jason Kung and James arrived at 10:30pm and we unloaded the supplies.  The guys seemed puzzled over what all the welcome was about, in truth it was joy over the arrival of food and not having to go shop for another day of meals tomorrow.

My ankle hurt so much today I had to sit in front of the stove and cook.