Misty River

Day 36 National Park 2011
I got up at 5am, it was light enough to not need a flash light.  I drank some water and then pulled the rainfly off so I can see the river, stars, moon, and the mountains from within the tent.  The sky was covered in low rain clouds.  It was warm and humid.  My ankle screamed of pain.  My tent is situated on a slight slope and it really has worked out for my aching back. 








Everything sounds good to eat this morning.  There is a canary yellow bird with black stripped wings and a bright neon orange beak blushing partly into the head who comes and perches on the maple tree next to my picnic table.  Every time I pull out my camera to capture it, it flies away. 


The overcast weather makes it possible to lay in the tent. Misty clouds danced around the mountain.  I loved such scenes.  I could just sit or stand and watch this all day.  I had a tension, knots on my belly.  Since sky was overcast, going to see Hurricane Ridge was crossed off my agenda for today. 



The rain set in at 6:30pm and it was a steady flow for the rest of the evening.  My car can so use a wash.  I saw a dark French roast coffee color fat rat run from my site and then crossed the road.  At 9pm a fog rolled in five feet above the river, it was about 7 feet tall. 


I went to the vault toilet and saw a tall giant young male being in complete shadow color smoke at the entry doorway.  There was no one physically there.  The place smelled of cigarette smoke.  There was another smell in the air, it wasn’t the vault toilet, it was a bad one, the one that may kill you. 


I’d stay here longer but the vault toilet is a total downer.