No Mushrooms!

Day 39 National Park 2011

In this kind of weather, it all feels the same from 7am to 7pm.  I got up at 7am and I strolled around the campground admiring all the trees, mossy fallen logs, and plants.  I walked to the Hol River and washed my hands and feet.  The river water is very clean and had a beautiful blue green color.  I walked to the amphitheatre and the roofs are all dressed in moss.  I stood and did stretches.  I was surprised at how sore my body was from the lack of movement.   A bit of stretching did the job. 

I felt like meditating and reciting so I went back into the tent and then I fell asleep for over three hours.  I woke up at noon. 

I decided to try again and sat in the car to meditate and recite instead, take two.  I felt a heaviness when I started.  I couldn’t quite find my rhythm.  I finally felt a lightness at the end.  Yup, it never fails, always delivers, meditation and recitation, totally reliable in clearing things up and healing everything.  Today was a good day for meditation and contemplation. 

My camp site decision process:
Is it beautiful?
Does it have a beautiful view?
Tent location in the site, is it flat?
Tent location in the site, good fengsui?
How far is the restroom?




Today's contemplation, “It’s all written in the stars.  I don’t need to worry about anything.  Just do good.”  Just like that the weight of mud, rain, and humidity no longer felt like a sluggish burdensome blanket of sloth.  The air became light, full of life source, filling my lungs with hope and nurture.  And I felt calm, sedated, stable, cool and refreshed.  My head became light, peaceful, serene, and joyful.  I am grateful to be able to be here. 

The despair and hopelessness were gone.  A little fatigue lingers.  What pain lies underneath the anger?  What fight, plight, do I struggle for?  What lies are hiding underneath the distraction of all that anger?  Who is running this game of lies?  Why did I fall for it?  Why do I keep going with it?  What faults, wrong am I harboring, delaying true transformation, clarity, and happiness?  Who else am I trying to corrupt, infect, destroy with this?  I too draw blood at times.  It will stop here with me. 




I hope mushrooms won’t be growing out of my tent or in my car.  The afternoon was a break from rain for four whole hours.  High Mountain Tea really hits the spot in this weather.  At 7pm giant mosquitoes swamped the campsites.  They have been hiding for days and this was their first appearance.  I prefer the downpour over invasion and take over of mosquitoes. 

A saw a slug crawl across the tent and then I heard a “thud” and the slug was gone.  It somehow rolled off and lost its grip. 

The restroom gets cleaned here at 2pm.