A Walk Back in Childhood Lane


We all went out to a vegetarian buffet restaurant at Chang Cun for 350yuan per person. The food was delicious and it was fun to have extended relatives here. It was nice to see more family members I haven't seen in years now all have kids.

Afterward lunch all the uncles and aunties took me to Shen Keng, Deep Tunnel for famous grilled stinky tofu on a stick. It was a fun tourist street full of goodies to eat. Everyone had fun and ate classic Popsicle, cotton candy, and lots of everything else I can't seem to name. For a brief time, all of us including uncles and aunties returned to childhood. I really had fun.

Well, it's not like anyone of us were hungry after the buffet lunch but it was fun to go play and walk and snack every few steps. I was stuffed. I think I can just not eat for a few days and be okay. But I'm in Taiwan, how often am I in Taiwan. It takes me a month in Taipei just to eat the things I want once.

When I returned I saw Chen Chen passed out tired on his brother's bed. I think it's been hard for him to sleep on the floor while I sleep on his bed. But he insists that I sleep on his bed. I really enjoy his company.