Bow to Greater Plans


After checking out of the Guest House, I decided to splurge and hop onto a rickshaw for 30 rupees to drop me off at Shuddham along with my packs. I parked my stuff at Yoomi and Mark's place. I went to BookBox myself to help out with a bit of translation work and fortunately I had a 10am appointment at the travel agency so I didn't stay long to translate. Honestly, I think I do enough of this kind of volunteer work back a home and I really don't feel like doing any of it right now. It makes me feel like I am not in India but back a home and I feel it's premature for me to be back a home. They are still working on connecting me with housing.

At the travel agency, everyone was great and nice and most of all very helpful. I was able to locate a flight out of Chennai via Bangkok to Taipei for $430. I put in all the rupees I had and saved 300 rupees for the ride to airport and then put the rest onto a credit card. I fly 00:15 AM January 15. I land in Taipei after 11am the same day. This was the best arrangement after many visits to various agencies including Bangkok, Ahmedabad, Pondy. It's interesting how things work out. This was the best flight arrangement to be on that was why I could not purchase a ticket in Bangkok nor in Ahmedabad because it really wasn't the best arrangement for me. But I didn't know that then. Oh how many times on this trip have I had to bow to the fact that my logical plans loose to greater plans that I was not awake to.

Afterwards I went back to BookBox and did one hour of work and then stopped for lunch. My kind of work schedule. I went to Yoomi's for lunch. Their friend Moussin from Morocco who also lives half of the time here in Pondy and half in Berkeley brought take outs from Suguru's. It was delicious I had Tondori Paneer. I really think Paneer is like firm tofu. It turns out he just got himself into his friend's two bedroom apartment with AC washer etc... But he is goinig to Kerala Sunday and gave me the keys to stay as long as I wanted. Gee... how did I luck out on this. I had no housing now I do and it's better than any housing options I could have found for myself. However since I just bought my ticket for Sunday night flight I will only be able to stay for one more night which is tonight. The place is nice and is above a gym. Well, I will miss eating and chill'n here but I can eat and chill in Taiwan! Mark was sweet to offer to locate a ride to Chennai airport. That's really nice and I really appreciate all the great however short time I've spent here.

After dropping off my packs at the apartment I went back to Mark's and met Puri their friend who is also working on restoration of French Architectural buildings here. I was connected with a heritage walk for tomorrow to check out French Architecture with students on a guided walk. I do love art and love architecture. I even once thought of getting into architectural history.