Last Goodbyes to My Sisters in India

We had tickets to watch a dance performance tonight by a famous Indian dance choreographer. I wasn't sure if I was up for it so I thought I'd let myself think about it while the group waited to gather together to leave together. Just a few days ago I was in below zero weather. Now in very hot Gujarat I am feel acclimated. I am now cold at night and having to put on my winter coat just to stay warm as if I was Indian experience Indian winter.

While we waited to all gather I gave all the girls around a tarot reading. It was fun and everyone enjoyed the exchange of experiences of palm reading, astrological reading etc.... One surprise for me was sweet Achil's sadness. She told me things that were like right out of Bollywood films without a fairytale ending.

I ended up choosing to go to the dance performance and all of us girls squeezed onto two rickshaws on laps and all. It was a chilly night at the open air amphitheatre. The performances were beautifully done. It was a great evening. We were hungry afterwards and Lakshme and Heena went to get pizza for everyone. Pizza is the closest to western food here for the volunteers and a taste of what feel a bit like home is a big deal. We stayed up till 1am.

I told all the girls that we should do our good byes now instead of 4am in the morning when I am set to leave for the airport. We got into a circle and did prayers. Everyone was so sweet in sharing their thoughts about me and how they will remember me and how I have influenced their life.

Heena,"Your laugh, the light you bring, the good chi you add to the room by just being helps everyone."

Snehal,"You seem at peace with yourself it must be the meditation and prayer you do everyday. Hope we can all be like you more at peace. You are a very unique spirit."


Murin,"Your friendliness, warm openness really helped me feel at home and welcomed and situated."

Payal,"The gift you share with us by being light hearted, not too affected by stuff around; nurture, warmed, sensitivity."

Laxmi, "I really feel that you are this huge ball of energy and thank you for sharing that energy with us."

Auchil,"You inspire me with your encouragement and support."

I shared with them the story of doing service everyday and it is easy to burn out and loose hope and that each of them inspire me with their efforts. I also explained what a Bodhisattva is and validated how they are each doing the work of a Bodhisattva.