You Go First, No You Go First, No I Insist,...

We had breakfast after we dropped out packs down and picked out a bed in the dorm. We were served Chai and crackers. I heard this was a festive treat normally such luxuries are omitted.

I met everyone who is volunteering and was just blown away by their hearts of goodness and their dedication to their service work. I met Jayesh who is the head of Manav Sadhna. Every morning he has gatherings with everyone.
I learned out of respect, to address Jayesh everyone adds pie to his name but it really sounds more like bye. So it would be Jayeshbpie.

The day starts with group mediation then a chant-prayer, then official meeting starts. He checks in with everyone to make sure everything is well and solves problems that are left unresolved. Then the large group breaks up into smaller groups for project meetings. Then it’s lunch at the Manav Sadhna office. After lunch everyone starts their work for the day. Here is more info on NPO http://www.manavsadhna.org/

For lunch we helped to make roti. I like making roti, I learned it in Nepal and now I get to practice some more here. Lunch was simple and delicious. There was a lentil dish, a salad dish, rice, fruits, and roti. Here for lunch instead of fighting to go first, everyone insists on going last. Thank goodness for those who were willing to be selfless and go first so we can get the lunch eating action actually going or else we would all still be insisting on each other go first and never end up eating at all.