Kite Delivery to Boarding School For the Vision and Hearing Impaired

On the way over in the car ride I had good chats with Laura and Bology. People are very curious why I am doing what I am doing. This surprises me every time because people who I have come across on this trip has actually showed interest in hearing what I have to say. You know it's like people to say, "Hi, how are you?!" in passing and when you've answered they've already stepped far enough away that they can't hear you. So since we were in the long car ride out of town I talked and talked. I told them that I think my logic can be really screw me up and I think this trip was about trusting another system at work. Plus it has been about experience kindness where ever I go and this has allowed me to open my heart and let go fears.

We decided to buy ice cream for everyone at the school. That is a lot of scoops of ice cream. Upon arrival I saw two boys walking leaving the school walking in a pair as if they can see. It was a sight for me to see. We entered the gray cement building where the boarding school is held. I climbed the stairs and passed through walls of chipping paint, dust everywhere, and aroma of urine and mugginess filled the air. The entire lighting of the building is gloomy, dark, and gray. I guess in a blind school there is no need for lighting. But really I disagree, I think it is important to feel light through the body.


The kids were finishing up on lunch. We made it just in time with ice cream for dessert. It was a great idea and I am glad Laura thought of it. Ice cream is not in the budget at all here due to lack of funding. It was great to see students and staff all enjoying the ice cream. I think it's hard to not become a kid again when you are eating ice cream.

I saw two ladies sitting on the floor preparing dinner right after lunch.



The girls sat separately in the kitchen.

The school staff located a guitar for Bology to play and sing to the school. It was such a treat for them to hear English songs. He sang all Pearl Jam hits. The kids listened with their whole body. Laura held Bology's video camera and filmed it all. It's amazing what gifts of joy a guitar can do. That was amazing giving.


The kids may not be able to see with their flesh eyes but they can seem to see with their other senses. They seem be able to manage not running into me when I can't seem to manage not running into them. One boy was seeing with his hands. He really was soulful. He'd really pass as a Blues artist. Some students also have added conditions of mental disabilities. It was sad for me to see. One boy was asked to perform for us. He could imitate any radio broad cast. He was beat bopping with his lips.

The kids were all very excited to receive the kites. One boy treasured his kite so much he wanted to stash it in a safe place into his silver tin treasure box. However the kite was bigger than his box. He managed to find a plastic cover to put it away in for safe keeping.

The entire experience here has been amazing for me and emotional too. I wanted on this trip to India to go to the slums and be with the lowest caste and I did here. I wanted to go to orphanages and disabled schools and I did here. I wanted to see birth and I did with the one and half month old twin at the slums. I wanted to see death and I did in Delhi on the taxi on the way to the bus agency. A man was dead in the gutter and no one paid any attention to it. He just laid there dead.