Glad the Dog Didn't Have a Say in it!


Weather today-rain. I went with 2nd Aunty and 3rd Aunty and her puppy called A Bu La to shopping in underground mall. We met at the metro station and then took the metro and exited at the underground mall. Ah.. the convenience of a city.

Shopping was fun, I bought 3 skirts and 3 pairs of shoes. It was a successful shopping mission. It was interesting shopping with them because we all have different taste, they wouldn't let me buy things out of their taste. I could only get things when we all agreed on it. Glad the dog didn't have a say. That's how it is with large extended family. There is tons of support and love and in your face in your business and everyone has an opinion. Well, for all that its worth, it's still worth the hassle.

4th Aunty was at a 10 day retreat where a Tibetan Rinpoche lectured and she was there as a volunteer support staff. She decided to cut her retreat short by 9 days and returned to be with me. She really didn't have to but she wanted to. I was not there to disrupt her schedule at all.

We were invited by my 3rd uncle to go have dinner at his place. His wife really makes the best food but somehow dinner was not spectacular tonight. She was missing out on her pilates class and she was not happy that she had to skip her class to host everyone by the request of her husband. Hum... complicated. She left part way for her pilates class. His daughter flew in and then flew out in a dash only slowed down enough to say hi to me.

Conversations were interesting today. I guess my mom has been complaining about how I dress and how I need a make over. Well, as a solo traveler, the last thing I want to do is dress up or lug a luggage. I had to defend myself against all the uncles and aunties' attack.

Also went to a group gathering started by my uncles in one of his apartments now turned into a vihara for small group Buddhist practice. Really with all the relatives we have, we make up a monastery all on our own. It was nice to see the group gathering this way. I think this is a very wholesome thing. But I really wasn't all that interested because I'm on vacation and I really didn't care to be there other than to support their efforts and be of good spirit through it all and be polite. I was so tired, I actually fell asleep meditating.

In the evenings I get to hang out with my two cousins who get in around 11pm after school, work, and girlfriends. So we hang out and watch TV till 1am or later.