Grateful for Good Past Affinities

I had a fresh coconut cut to drink the juice. I was thirsty from the walk. I'm not a fan of coconut for some reason. But I know it's good to have to hydrate in this heat. Plus it was fresh and that means it's safe to drink.


The country ride to Chennai looks like this. And the rest stop looks like this with little huts and rickshaws. I was so blessed to be able to squeeze into the car with Moussin and his family who are heading to the airport for Kerala. Everyone tells me to visit Kerala. Maybe ones of these later trips I will.

Who is Moussin? I don't know. But within the 24hours I met him he set me up with housing I desperately needed and then this ride north to Chennai that I desperately needed. Grateful, truely grateful for good past affinities.

I arrived at the airport at 5:30pm and my flight was not for another 7 hours. I didn't mind the wait. I preferred to have been dropped off at the airport then having to fetch my own ride and connections in the dark at night all by myself in India.

I chatted with an Australian man who was flying back home to Brisbane via Malaysia. He bought a Sitar for his son. Then I watched more people at the airport as if I was watching a movie. I like people watching.

I am looking forward to a real shower, a hot one, and a real towel to use. I think I'll have to take consecutive showers to satisfy or just feel really scrubbed clean. I don't think I've been really clean since I left US. That's like many, many months now. I guess this is how it was in the old days or lots of part of countries in the world now too.

Ah... hot shower! Ah... hot springs! It was all I could think of at the airport. When I checked in, the guy at the counter asked me why I was so happy to leave. I must have had a big grin on my face.