With Patience With Hope

Lots of amazing talented people fly here to volunteer. During a volunteer end of day wrap up meeting I can really relate to some of the frustrations. People come here with a set amount of time they have taken away from their life, put everything on pause to be here. They even brought their binder, color coded, laser printed agenda or starter kit for the programs they wish to successfully launch and implement to make this world a much better place. Yes, people have great aspirations, even good plans to realize them, but often the human conditioning aspect is difficult to calculate into factor.

It is easy for the successful ones to see the answers to success, resolutions to problems and to carry them out. And it is specifically the ones who are stuck and difficult to change that continues to remain in suffering and distress. If they were like the successful ones then they wouldn’t be stuck in a rut. So this internal challenge is what a volunteer must over come with patience and continuing hope.

I see unconditional service to greater good of humanity opens the heart and prepares it for compassion. I believe only with compassion is there room for peace, calm, clarity and wisdom.

I have relied my meditation and chanting practice through out this trip or really it’s more like I have clinged on and I see it has been the breath of my life. It lights my way.