Big Goose Pagoda



Went to Big Goose Pagoda where Tze En Shi was, where Tang Hsuan Dzang translated for 11 years there. Everything was remodeled or fabricated, the only thing that didn’t change was the exact location of the sight. I don’t care for the new making up for the old. Maybe 500 years from now people will have a more cherished view than my currently ones.


Xi'an is full of people visiting from all over the world. The night is lit by all sorts of light like Christmas and Chinese New Years. It is very festive here and I am really enjoying my time.


We located a delicious noodle place next to an ATM. It had the best selection of noodles. The cost of the noodels ran from 2-3 yuan. Side dishes of vegetables were 1 yuan each and the pumpkin porridge was also 1 yuan for a big bowl. We were both stuffed and well nurished for 5 yuan dinner.


Corey, wants to hike Hua Shan 3k+ steps. With all the smog pollution and possible rain, I advised her to think about it. She has been taking care of the directions and I help her cross the streets.