Waddle, Waddle

A Tibetan middle aged woman on her way down was teaching her fellow female friends about helping people and handed me one of her two walking sticks and said to her friends, "this is like helping someone". She passed me her pencil stick bamboo walking stick and kept the sturdy one for her own use. It waddled every time I used it. I had to learn how it waddled when it contacts the ground, how it waddled when I pressed on it, and how it waddled when I begin to lift it off the ground. The rest of my body had to readjust to the waddling in order to make it all work. I laughed and entertained myself with it the whole time I used it. Everyone who passed by shook their head and said to me, “that ain't gonna work.” It was an interesting experience to work with a waddling pencil thin walking stick.