Our Complex Regard For Our Parents

Last night I was so tired from oxygen deprivation and rest I went to bed at 6:30pm and stayed in bed till 10am the next day. They all partied till 12pm that night and drank beer. I could hear them but I didn't join. There was a mirror outside my window and everyone checked themselves out whenever they passed by. It was fun to see from my side through the windows. We ended up getting ourselves going around 11am, and we headed for Xi’gze Farmer Guest house. We like the Chef there and the 25y a bed per night.

On the drive I realized my chest congestion and pain had to do with my relationship with my parents. It was about the complex emotions related to how I saw them and how I saw myself in our relationship with each other. It involved sadness, dedication, love, gratitude, regrets, etc…. I also noticed that it was our similar regard for our parents that brought all of us together in this car. This was our affinity. We all had this in common.

Rupert had asthma as a child and his father refused to stop smoking in his presence. His father’s health was ailing and had multiple surgeries but he refused to help himself in anyway to heal but continues to go against the doctors orders. His father did not change for himself and also not for Rupert. Rupert shared this very private and story with lots of humor but there was so much pain, sadness, loneliness, frustration and love behind it all.

I had stuffed vegetable buns called momo. I didn't know it was stuffed with curry. I just wanted ginger for my lungs to clear it. I mistaken the green pieces of onion as chile, it was green onion. I didn't have any actual pieces but the juice was strong and I knew it would bring trouble to my body. During dinner I really didn’t have the energy to carry out conversations. I must have seem very not with it and anti-social. Afterwards we ended up watching more TV. We saw badminton competition and we also saw more Family Guy and Wedding Crashers. We slept in the same room as before in the same beds.