The Waddle Went "Snap"



On top of the mountain people put prayer flags all over and he flags have sutras, mantras, images on them.. People write their names on the flag for blessing. The material is rain proof but not weather proof. Sadly the old ones looked ghostly withering away on top of the mountain.

The last 10% was steep sharp down hill. Although it is exhausting to go upwards, it is painful to go downwards when the trail is as steep and sharp as this. I really took my time and caution. I did not want to get injured in anyway. A upon pity on me man traded his better walking stick for my pencil stick. In truth it wasn’t really a trade, he just forcefully grabbed mine from me and made me use his because he couldn't handle seeing me use the one I was holding. The moment he used it, it snapped.

The trail to YuBeng was uninteresting, felt like being in CA. Then at the end, the trail opens to a ….wow. Mountains covered in fall colors cascading in front of snowy peaks of various mountains. The valley has small barn farming layout with rural mud buildings. I learned that YuBeng has only 22+ families, one elementary school with 9 students and one teacher.