Summit View of Everest Peak













We decided the weather was actually nice and we wanted to get to Everest on good weather. After getting our permits, our driver aimed for us to watch the sunset on a high summit to view Everest given the clear sky holds up. We had heard of rain and cloud the day before and did we luck out. Lang said off the years he has been in this business, he’s only had a few days as beautiful as this on viewing Everest. On the summit we had gone up in elevation and the wind picked up. I was not prepared for it. I had clothes but didn't put them on. I just jumped out of the car to snap photos. It was cold.

We decided we wanted to watch sunrise of Everest peak so we headed to Rombu monastery the last stop where all vehicles have to stop before base camp. We ended up paying 80y per bed at the monastery because it was so late by the time we got there all the 40y beds were taken and the price goes up as the night grows. We slept and alarmed ourselves to get up to watch sunrise. At this high of place, the stars filled the sky. I have never seen so many stars in the sky before and the Milkyway was clear and wide and long. It was cold here. I had me blankets on.

The guest reception saw my brand new boots and wanted to buy them from me for 30y. I got them for 60y. I told him I need them to walk in, I haven't worn them yet. He said he'd be back in the morning for my boots. I was afraid they'd be gone in the morning somehow and contemplated sleeping with them on.

Drivers lodging was a tent in the parking lot. It was cold for Lang but he toughed it and said it was his job and this is what he goes through when he comes here.