Happy Monk Bowing Away







Walked around the outskirts of the monastery and did the tourist shopping thing. A common site is one of a Tibetan mother carrying a baby child on her back begging for money. I handed her candy. I walked around and ended up at a park facing the monastery while I waited for the rest of my group to show up to head back to Lhasa.

As I hung out at the park I saw a young male monk sincerely bowing. I wanted to make an offering to support his practice. I knew he needed water in a hot day like this. But I only had candy on me. I decided to sneak up quietly to place my offering next to his shoes without disturbing him, he turned to smile at me in gratitude. I saw his young face. He was happy person who had a beautiful clean face. What a sight, a happy monk, happily practicing. That was so nice to see.