Swim Swim Fish

In my room last night five new girls showed up as my new roommates. One of the girls goes by the name of “swim swim fish” in Chinese. I think for simplicity I will call her Y3 since they all started with the letter Y. She told me the most beautiful place in the world is Yu Beng “Rain Avalanche”. She was an aquarius dragon from Hubei, with enthusiastic spirit powered by love for her man who she calls Earth, doing a noble deed by being a volunteer teacher in Yu Beng. I was convinced and decided I would join her since Yu Beng was just next to Mei Li Snow Mountain. Plus I wanted to see this volunteer sustained school.

She’s been traveling from Li Jiang once a month to visit him running straight up 15.5 kilometers up the trail then the steep sharp 1.5 kilometers downhill to the valley of Yu Beng where only 21 Tibetan families reside. Her dream is to have her own bed and breakfast in Li Jiang. Actually it would be more like bed and tea in Li Jiang.