Dressed to Play the Part




At the Sheep Lake, I stopped to recite for the land while the Zhaos stopped for a very long photo break at the dress up like a Tibetan stand. I ended up joining them and I put on an outfit too.

The Tibetan guy running the stand kept telling me how I need a man. He kept moving closer to me and insisted I have a photo with him because I need a man. I told him I didn't want any photos with him and finally had to tell him I had a boyfriend, but guess what that wasn’t good enough for him. He needed details of who he was, what tribe he was from, etc…. I couldn’t believe I had to make up a story just to shake him off. It was weird, if he didn’t approve of my boyfriend he would step in insisting on being the better replacement because he really did think he was all that. I had to guess the right things to say to him that he wanted to hear so he would back off, oh my goodness, what a trip