Bangkok, Propositioned


I woke up at 4:30am to get ready for the airport. I took a taxi to the bus station where the shuttle to the airport was. It was only a few minutes away. The first roll off was at 5:30am to PuDong airport. I arrived by the PuDong airport by 6:10am. The counter did not open till 6:30am

I stood in line with Anthony from Bangalore. He works for Intel in IT. He says people in China are hard working and the infra-structure is good. He says it is different in India.

I sat next to a man from Minnesota who also works in Bangalore and has been for a year and half. He mentioned a co-worker who was working the night shift, a female American who called a taxi to pick her up from the company to take her home. She never showed up. Talks here and there arose among the company saying a good woman should be at home and dressed properly, no t-shirts etc… He also warned me about not taking food and drinks from other because it might be drugged.

Although I paid for a ticket price for China airline, I was on the Thai airplane. It was cheaper through the China airline instead of Thai airline price. I don’t understand how it works but it worked for me. I liked Thai air, the seats and they have orchids in the restroom. Upon landing orchids were passed out as welcome gifts to Thailand.

I found out I did not need VISA at all for within 30 day stay. What a good thing, I saved myself some money there. I took the shuttle to my hostel. Met a man from Adeline, Australia who didn’t have a place to stay and gave him all the info I had on me for him to find a place to stay. He decided to stay at the same hostel I was staying at. The shuttle costed 150 BHT per person and he picked up my ticket for me for helping him out with all the info. During conversation on the bus he propositioned me to accompany him in his travel. This was new to me so it took me awhile to pick up the cues.

After checking into the hostel I went for papaya salad and noodles. It was so good. It doesn’t taste this good in the States and it was cheap. Thailand is hot. I can see why lots of places say they don’t have hot water for shower. Why? Because you wouldn’t want to use it because it’s too hot. I went from Shanghai cold-cold weather to 30 degree C Bangkok. There was air conditioning in the room. It really saved me from melting away.