Twin Palms Bungalow



When I got off the ferry I waited for my British friends like we agreed on to head over to Twin Palms. His arrangement was so that the resort was picking him up at the pier. We walked in mud because it rained all day today. So I guess it was good that I got here when I did so that I would be out of the rain. Walking in the rain with luggage through mud is not fun.

We arrived in Twin Palms in the dark with the stars twinkling in the sky. Even in the dark I knew I wanted to stay here. All the huts were on the beach. Each hut had it’s own deck and hammock. Everything was full on the beach. After searching all over the island for the cheapest accommodation at 600 BHT in stuffy rooms, I opted to return to Twin Palms for the tent for 400BHT and put myself on the no wait list, list for the next day. The reception was situated in the mini mart. There was one security by the locker room. There were beach bars all over the beach. Reggae is the sound of the wind here. Andy the other guy who didn’t have housing negotiated a queen bedroom with its own bath for 500 BHT. Although the tent price was 400BHT I negotiated for 300 and ended up with 350BHT.

I would have slept on the beach but the guys wouldn’t let me. They didn’t think it was safe for me. How interesting that two strangers who I barely knew for an hour was looking out for me. How very gentlemen of them. This entire trip I have found it to be so, people where all taking care of me where ever I went regardless if they knew my name or not. They just wanted to make sure I was safe.

My tent was right next to the walk way across from the market and the security lockers. As I strolled on the beach and dipped my feet in warm salt water, I noticed the security guard keeping his eye out for my safety. The beaches here are clean without trash. I saw a crab in the water and a gold fish looking fish while walking with my flash light.

I hung out with two Swedish guys on beach chairs. One of them had a guitar and played. I was tired and relaxed. I went back to my tent and found a nice not so lumpy spot to lay on in the tent. I got fresh towels and a night lamp in the tent.