The Rise of Christianity and Buddhism in China


I woke up this morning around 5:15am. I checked out the weather outside from the roof and it was foggy with no visibility. So my early morning sunrise hike to the mountains to watch the Annapurna Mountain Peaks were cancelled. I could still walk but there wouldn't be anything to look at. I could have done my tai chi set on the roof but I decided to just go back to bed. I stayed in be till 10am.

After finishing my meditation, Li Wei knocked on my door to invite me to join him on his bus tour and then boat ride. He was the only left from his tour group. The rest of the group abandoned the tour. That should have clued me in on some things. We went to check out Devi Falls, a Hindu Temple, a Tibetan monastery, another Hindu temple and then a boat ride. None of the sights were worth seeing in my opinion. The boat ride is, well on a lake with low visibility.

Li Wei was pretty into talking about business ventures. Honestly, I was pretty out of it. It's really not my field of interest even though I was able to give him plenty of good contributions to his many business ideas. But just because I can do something, it doesn't necessarily reflect where my heart is.


We also chatted about the rise of Christianity and Tibetan Buddhism in China. Li Wei said the young generation of youths like the aspect of personal connection with God, forgiveness, and grace. Pureland School of Buddhism came from Taiwan back to China and appeal to currrent population due to the similarity of idea of Heaven and prayer. He said he believes in nothing and said this is the flavor of China, to not believe in anything.

Went back to Shabhil's and hung out at his shop. He has two shops. He ordered tea and was ready to order snacks too. His hopitality was good. He insisted on paying for everything. I ended up spending another few hour there. It just ends up like that here in Nepal. Time gone by, gone no where, but gone.

Towards the end of the night, Li Wei wanted to hang out some more but I was tired and we agreed to dessert. He likes western desserts. I wasn't really all that interested in desserts that had been sitting out all day for over 12 hours. He talked more about India and the more he talked the more scared I got about travels in India. I was more than ready to call it a night.