Size 4 is a Size Large in China


Got up, had my usual wantons and afterwards I went shopping with Mrs. Hsieh and her friend Ellen at “ChiPu Lu” and “Henan Bei Lu”, a Shanghai International Clothing Distribution junction. I ended up spending 420 yuan for 4 nice jackets. I learned today that a female size Large is a size 4 or 5 in US. I had fun shopping and checking out the creativity of people in fashion design. Some of the stuff is pretty good. So much creativity, I like that.

Afterwards I went to Mrs. Hsieh’s for dinner. They had hot pot. I had a soup I made myself with roasted chestnut, cabbage, carrots, potato, tomato, bell pepper, tofu, shemeji mushroom, and turnip. While the soup cooked, a sweet aroma filled the air and I knew the soup is going to be excellent. It was the best meal I’ve had since I left the States. It was so good and healthy. I ate the whole thing and surprised Mrs. Hsieh. She later told me how I could think of even possibly eat the soup without any meat in it because it just didn’t look tasty to her.