Broken in Three Places


Got up at 6:30am again, missed the tai chi time again. I keep wanting to but I really have to get to bed early enough to be able to get up at 5am. I like walks on the beach this early in the morning and meditating.

I met Susan and her boyfriend on the beach. Susan was in Laos and smashed her shin into pa concrete and didn’t know it was fractured. A month later it broke in three places in Vietnam. She had to have major surgery done. It looked terrible. I’ve been watching her hop on the beach with her crutches unable to play or touch the water.

Susan gave me cards of places to stay in Laos. I was instructed how tourist can be planted with drugs and be slapped with a $250 fine by the police. I am to stay way from any drug vendors, just walk away even if they park next to me or approach me. I was given many places to stay and things to do while in Laos.

I spent the afternoon in the water again totally content and happy.