Number 13



I woke up at 3:30am and then at 6:30am. I wanted to walk the beach during sunrise and feel the breeze. I had fun and was still very tired. I sat on the beach chairs and watched the sky change through it’s beautiful colors. I got up when the workers started to lay out umbrellas etc.. The chairs and umbrellas are for rent and good for the day for 40 BHT each. I went back to my very warm tent to chant and meditate. Then I went out for breakfast at a buffet on the beach. I killed time until 11am where I was due back at the reception, a.k.a. mini mart to ensure I was the first to stand in the no wait list line at it’s official time. I ended up with a hut for 500BHT with it’s own mosquito net inside, a twin bed, fan, and did I mention a burnt orange hammock? I got to check in to #13 by 11:30am. The ants and bugs crawl all over. The bed and the inside isn’t much to show for. Besides, who came here to just stay indoors?

I was still very tired and ended up falling asleep in a two hour nap with the fan on and the door wide open. The first thing I did when I woke up was to go swimming in the ocean. I wanted to check out the temperature, the currents, the salt level in the water. A very important thing I learned in surfing, always check out the water before entering, and respect nature. I went into the water and felt hot and cold currents in conjunction together. This tells me there is strong wind pushing in bringing cold water to shore. The dark rain clouds were moving in and I left the water to dry on my hammock. As I lay on the deck I watched everyone else moving with the clouds getting out of the beach. Within 20 minutes it rained, and it rained for 20 minutes. It is amazing how many beautiful people are on the beach and on this island. What blessings each person brings with them.